Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development is responsible for the sales of Astrix Technology Group’s Scientific Informatics Services portfolio within a defined territory, serving customers across a wide variety of industries including Pharma, Life Sciences, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas and Chemical. Sales growth expectations will be achieved through the targeting of new account opportunities while further developing an existing customer base.
- Meet and/or exceed sales targets within the southeast region Prospecting
- Effectively communicate Astrix Technology Group’s value proposition to new and existing customers
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline on a quarterly basis
- Negotiating and closing sales
- Managing & forecasting sales pipeline
- Territory management
- Effectively collaborating with internal resources
- Minimum of five years of selling enterprise software and services in the Life Sciences, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, or Chemical industry sectors.
- Proactively meets with customers throughout the assigned territory on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction
- Prepares business plans for the territory. Plan should include opportunity map, estimates current and future levels of spending on products and services, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Serves as customer advocate and ensures that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Ensures that management understands business requirements and is kept informed of significant developments within account(s).
- Ensures that management is involved at critical times and during pivotal opportunities. Delegates to other departments as appropriate.
- Maintains and updates a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Prospects across the account(s) to ensure that target opportunities are developed.
- Understands business goals and evaluates and prioritizes opportunities accordingly.
- Works with partners/customers to identify additional prospects.
- Establishes initial contacts at an executive level in potential customers, and builds alignment with the right people in the political structure.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and revenue expectations are met.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments.
- Updates lead/contact management system to track progress.
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Has sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to
- prospects and customers.
- Uses knowledge of the competition in the sales campaign to develop competitive strategies.
- Collaborates with other groups within Astrix to implement appropriate strategies to address business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Works with sales executives from other Divisions and Sectors to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Manages the contract review process and negotiation.
- Builds commitment and closure at each stage of the sales process.