Federal Business Development Manager
- Type: Full-Time
- Job #25
The Business Development Manager / Capture Manager develops and executes upon strategic plans to uncover, influence and position Astrix for business opportunities within the Federal Government (including but not limited to Dept. of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS), Dept. of Defense (DoD), Department of Energy). This individual wins new business – particularly large, service focused scientific and scientific-technology based solution contracts – through various activities including building executive level relationships in targeted agencies, system integrators, and other teaming partners. This position is located in the Washington DC metro area with remote options available.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Identifies federal / civilian customers that have a need for the services Astrix provides – via intel systems, relationships, and networking.
- Build out, manage and regularly update pipeline to ensure accuracy, P-Win percent to enable Astrix management to forecast.
- Develops sustained, deep relationships with influencers within, and outside, the customer organization and uses those relationships and acquired insight to strengthen Astrix’s position for targeted pursuits.
- Analyzes opportunities to provide leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help Astrix capture a greater share of business.
- Identifies and secures potential teaming partners (Primes, Subcontractors, etc.) with a clear understanding of their complementary value.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains multi-year pipeline. Participates in annual planning sessions.
- Participates throughout the proposal development process as a subject matter expert, writer, editor, reviewer, etc. depending on the specific opportunity.
- Researches and prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA's and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
- Maintains a broad understanding and application of Astrix’s capabilities and their importance to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree (ideally in a life science discipline or information technology)
- 5+ years of experience in developing strategic account plans.
- Demonstrable BD success in the Federal market.
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, and facilitate change
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience selling to scientific focused areas of federal agencies
- Wide network of customer / end user / agency contacts and/or relationships
Compensation: Salary plus commission
Total comp up to $175K (but dependent on commission and success it could be more).
Employees (and their families) can elect medical coverage, dental coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical—after qualification period—and dental), and Health Savings Accounts. Employees are covered for vision, short term disability, long-term disability, and basic life insurance. After six months, employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also receive 10 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) every month. Employees will also enjoy eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year.