Informatics Solutions Specialist
- Type: Full-Time
- Job #23
Informatics Solutions Specialist – Full-time/Remote role
Astrix Technology Group is a professional laboratory informatics services firm. Our services span the entire laboratory informatics life-cycle including strategies, business analysis, project management oversight, system implementations and validation. Our clients are industry-leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, clinical and chemical organizations in the public and private sectors. Due to our continued growth, Astrix is seeking qualified Laboratory Informatics professionals to join our Professional Services Division as full time/W2 employees.
Astrix is seeking an experienced Informatics Solution Specialist to work with Astrix sales team to scope and develop solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Present Astrix capabilities and services to clients.
- Work with sales team to identify and qualify client needs and opportunities.
- Lead client needs analysis and discovery discussions.
- Develop solutions from Astrix services and capabilities to address client needs.
- Assist sales team with the development of client technical strategies.
- Work with delivery team to determine resource requirements.
- Work with sales to determine timeline, schedule and costs.
- Assist with responses for professional services RFI/RFP responses.
- Develop proposals and statements of work that outline solution, schedule and costs.
- Present solution proposals to clients via oral presentations.
- Transition successful engagements to the delivery team.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field, computer science or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in customer facing role. Candidates with experience supporting sales teams in a pre-sales capacity preferred.
- Experience in scientific informatics domain including ELN, LIMS, SDMS, and CDMS.
- Subject Matter Expertise in pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical processes including Next Generation Sequencing.
- Strategic thinker with experience in developing and presenting proposals.
- Good business and technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server, relational database technologies, and web services.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and Visio.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Some travel may be required.
Salary ranges based on experience – $110-$150K/year plus quarterly bonus incentives
Benefits: Employees (and their families) can elect medical coverage, dental coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical—after qualification period—and dental), and Health Savings Accounts. Employees are covered for vision, short term disability, long-term disability, and basic life insurance. After six months, employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan (5% match). Employees will also receive 10 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) every month. Employees will also enjoy eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year