News & EventsNews and Insights for Scientific Informatics Professionals
Astrix Webinar – Digital Data Strategy for the Lab
A webinar sponsored by the Astrix Technology Group
Date: Thursday, September 12th, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM EDT / 10:00 AM PDT
Laboratory informatics systems have often been implemented in a bottoms-up “transactional” manner: CDS, LIMS, ELN, LES, etc. are brought in to deliver specific capabilities in an organic fashion. As these implementations mount, there are several significant implications, some of which are:
- Overlaps among the systems become critical factors in the quality of information produced and determination of authoritative data.
- Obtaining an end to end picture of the data from a scientific process requires significant depth of knowledge in and access to many systems.
At the same time, there are significant business drivers that are putting additional pressure on laboratory information, some of which are:
- Handling of increasingly diverse drug products.
- Meeting the increasing needs of the R&D organization to be flexible and responsive.
- Improving the systematic management of product data and processes where data consistency and availability are critical.
This webinar will address these challenges by framing the current state and discussing opportunities and approaches to a achieving a holistic digital strategy for the lab, one that encompasses the relationships between systems and the lifecycle of data. Representative initiatives and roadmaps will be discussed emphasizing a pragmatic and actionable point of view.
About the Speaker
|Dave Dorsett has more than three decades of experience in R&D informatics throughout the global pharmaceutical, chemical, and consumer goods industries. He has an extensive track record architecting, designing, and delivering commercial and in-house informatics solutions across the R&D spectrum, from early research through late-stage development and manufacturing.|